How to Connect your Oculus Quest 2 to Vizard and Vizible using Oculus Link
November 15, 2020
1. Make sure that your Oculus software on your PC is up to date, as well as the firmware on the Quest itself.
2. Turn on your Quest 2
3. Plug your USB 3.0 to USB-C cable into a USB 3.0 port on your PC (or, if you have a USB-C port on your computer, a USB-C to USB-C cable), then plug the USB-C end into your headset. You can purchase a cable for connecting the Quest 2 to the PC on the Oculus accessories page here, or a third party option from this Amazon link Note: For a wireless option, there is an application called “Virtual Desktop” that can be used, but is dependent on the speed of your internal network and requires sideloading an application on your Quest. See this video for instructions.
4. In Oculus, click on “Add Headset” and add the Quest, following the instructions that appear.
5. If asked to Allow access to data, select “Deny”
6. You’ll then be prompted to enable Oculus Link (beta) on the Quest, select “Enable” to begin remote rendering via Oculus Link.
7. Once connected you can run the Oculus touch preset from vizconnect to connect it to Vizard, or connect in the same way that you do for Oculus. See this page in the Vizard Documentation for more details. For Vizible, simply select the Oculus Preset from your choice of hardware.