How to Connect your Oculus Quest 2 to Vizard and Vizible using Oculus Link
November 15, 2020
1. Make sure that your Oculus software on your PC is up to date, as well as the firmware on the Quest itself.
2. Turn on your Quest 2
3. Plug your USB 3.0 to USB-C cable into a USB 3.0 port on your PC (or, if you have a USB-C port on your computer, a USB-C to USB-C cable), then plug the USB-C end into your headset. You can purchase a cable for connecting the Quest 2 to the PC on the Oculus accessories page here, or a third party option from this Amazon link Note: You can also connect wirelessly via the Oculus Airlink if you turn this on under "experimental" features and follow the steps.
4. In Oculus, click on “Add Headset” and add the Quest, following the instructions that appear.
5. Put on the Quest 2 and if asked to Allow access to data, select “Deny”
6. You’ll then be prompted to enable Oculus Link on the Quest, select “Enable” to begin remote rendering via Oculus Link.
7. To connect to a Vizard application you will need to go into Settings- General and check to enable "Unknown Content"
8. Once connected you can run either the Oculus or SteamVR preset from vizconnect (by going to Tools-Vizconnect-common presets) to connect it to Vizard, or connect in the same way that you do for Oculus. See this page in the Vizard Documentation for more details. For Vizible, simply select the Oculus Preset from your choice of hardware.