create cutting-edge vr experiments
WorldViz is the global leader in providing researchers with innovative VR solutions for academic research in social psychology, spatial cognition, perception, and countless other fields. Our technology enables groundbreaking experimental setups that would be impossible in the real world, while guaranteeing high experimental control and ecological validity.
Increase experimental realism without compromising control
- Create controlled and repeatable experimental setups.
- Manipulate the world in ways normally impossible or prohibitively expensive.
- Integrate physiological data and biofeedback while automating analysis.
- Perform research with a high degree of ecological validity.
- Provide compelling sense of personal, social and environmental “presence” for subjects.
"WorldViz has helped me and my colleagues launch behavioral research into a new era."
- Jeremy Bailenson, PhD, Virtual Human Interaction Lab
Interested in conducting research on collaborative, social VR environments, or in using virtual reality for other academic research topics? Check out our VR software platform Vizard.
We've built immersive VR experiences and tools for incredible academic research institutions.
"No company understands how to deliver practical VR solutions to researchers and developers in this field better than WorldViz."
- Jim Blascovich, PhD, Research Center for Virtual Environments and Behavior, UCSB
Every year, we publish a list of the research papers that involve WorldViz virtual reality software. Read how over 1000 labs and researchers worldwide are using our tools.SEE THE STUDIES
gain more control, get better results
end-to-end research tools
Our VR systems for academic research give you the tools to create and conduct complex VR-based experiments. All of our systems are powered by Vizard, which enables researchers of any background to rapidly develop their own virtual environments and author complex interactions between environment, devices, and subjects. Equip yourself with the most cutting-edge tools to design and deploy your VR experiment within days.
- Explore and compare our complete VizMove VR systems.
- Take a test drive. Download a free trial of Vizard and experience the ease of use for yourself.
- Interested in immersive collaboration? See our new VR creation and collaboration tool Vizible.
- Want to kickstart development? Learn about our custom VR design and development services.
important blog posts for Academic Researchers
Why Academic Researchers Choose Vizard over Unity and Unreal
While game engines like Unity and Unreal, with their general purpose-architecture, may look appealing at first glance, VR research relies on specific features such as precise timing control, data analytics, or low entry hurdles that only a specialized software platform can offer. Read on for a deeper look at what is unique about the Vizard VR software development platform for academic research.
WorldViz Vizard and Meta Quest Pro for Academic Research
Collecting eye/face/hand tracking data in VR and AR is now more powerful than ever in Vizard and the Meta Quest Pro, providing unprecedented opportunities for academic researchers.
Combining Projection VR with Advanced EEG and fNIRS Neuroimaging Devices for Academic Research
Combining WorldViz Projection VR systems with EEG and fNIRS is an emerging scientific research resource giving you all the benefits of controlled VR stimulus presentation and ecological validity while maintaining clear access to subjects’ craniums for advanced neuroimaging techniques and data collection.
Phone +1 (888) 841-3416
Fax +1 (866) 226-7529
813 Reddick St
Santa Barbara, CA 93103